SUNTECH® Geocells are three dimensional honeycomb cellular structures that form a confinement system when filled with compacted soils, sand aggregate concrete and other fill materials. It is extruded from high density polypropylene strips that are ultrasonically welded in series, the strips are expanded to form stiff (Textured and perforated) walls of a flexible 3-D cellular mattresses.
- SUNTECH® Geocells are compartment containers that can be used as a load transfer platform and are joined together to form a stiff foundation.
- SUNTECH® Geocells are effective in soil especially where the heavy loading is expected.
The confinement effect of SUNTECH® Geocell improves the shear strength of granular soil.
- The open surface design and high internal void volume of SUNTECH® drainage cell enables the rapid capture and transport of high water volumes, the roots of plants and grass can take this water through capillary action and will help in the growth of these plants.
- SUNTECH® Geocell prevents the lateral spreading of soil on the application of load which increases the strength and stiffness property of the soft soil.
- Erosion Control
- Ground Stabilization
- Retaining walls
- Slope and channel protection
- Earth reinforcement
- Road or highway load support